DAY SPA OF THE YEAR 2010
TIRTA SPA, BORACAY ISLAND - On 11th November 2010, at the prestigious AsiaSpa Baccarat Crystal Awards in Hong Kong, Tirta Spa was named "DAY SPA OF THE YEAR 2010" by a panel of leading spa industry experts.
This is an amazing achievement for a product that is only 3 years old, in a highly competitive market where competitors open in Asia almost every month and a proud moment indeed, both for owner and spa director Ms En Calvert and for all of her staff - the ultimate reward for all the hard work that is involved in creating something so special and unique.
Winning the “Best Day Spa in Asia ” award is a result not only of using the highest quality products and offering innovative treatments with therapeutic benefits for body, mind and soul, in a setting of unique architectural design, but is also about the impeccable service that comes from the heart of each and every Tirta Spa therapist.
Ms En Calvert says, "I worked 24/7, almost single-handedly, to create Tirta Spa on Boracay and, having won our first award just 1 year after opening, a second award less than a year later and now this third award after only 3 years in business, am finding it nigh on impossible to express in words the emotions that I feel! Winning is testament not only to my studies and hard work, but also to that of all of my staff from whom, over the years, I could not have asked for an ounce more commitment and loyalty and who demonstrate such passion for their art.”
The success of Tirta Spa is the result of years of hard work, intensive training and maintaining the highest overall standards in the spa industry, evidence of which can be seen clearly in the number of repeat clients and referrals that are received. For the past 3 years, since opening in 2007, the management of Tirta Spa has been actively promoting an authentic, holistic spa product and educating clients that the treatments and therapies offered are not based on short-term trends, or the fads of a particular season, but are truly focused on long-term wellness and rejuvenation. In this way, clients are secure in the knowledge that whatever the season or time of year that they visit Tirta Spa, they will leave, after their treatment, feeling fulfilled, rejuvenated and utterly satisfied.
A visit to Tirta Spa is a complete experience, not only of time spent luxuriating in world- class therapies, enjoying the ambience created by the stunning architecture, Asian artifacts and landscaped grounds, but of feeling the love and true passion for what they do so well and the spirituality that pervades every corner of this holistic retreat – and makes Tirta Spa truly unique.
The crystal awards were provided by Baccarat jewellery.
The winners of the AsiaSpa Awards 2010 are:
• Destination Spa of the Year: Kamalaya, Koh Samui, Thailan
• Urban Spa of the Year: MiraSpa, The Mira, Hong Kong
• Day Spa of the Year: Tirta Spa, Boracay, Philippines
• New Spa of the Year: The Aman Spa, Amanfayun Hangzhou , China
• Men's Spa of the Year: i.sawan Residential Spa & Club, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok , Thailand
• Spa Retreat of the Year: Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, Australia
• Eco-Spas of the Year: Spa Alila, Alila Villas Uluwatu, Bali , Indonesia
• Socially Responsible Spa of the Year: Himalayan Healers, Nepal
• Medi-Spa of the Year: S Medical Spa, Bangkok , Thailand
• Asian Spa Capital of the Year: Bali , Indonesia
• Spa Association of the Year: Asia-Pacific Spa & Wellness Coalition (APSWC)
• Spa Event of the Year: Global Spa Summit , Istanbul , Turkey
• Spa Personality of the Year: Susan Stein, Jari Menari, Bali Indonesia
• Spa Academy of the Year: Banyan Tree Spa Academy , Thailand
• In-Spa Training of the Year: ESPA
• Spa Design of the Year: Oazia Spa, Oazia Spa Villas, Bali , Indonesia
• Best Children's Spa Menu: little lamb's pediatric wellness place, Philippines
• Spa Treatment of the Year: ‘Opium', Sense of Touch, Repulse Bay , Hong Kong
• Holistic Treatment of the Year: 'Quantum Emotional / Physical Release', Chiva-Som, Hua Hin, Thailand
• Men's Spa Treatment of the Year: 'Gentlemen Only', The Oriental Spa, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
• Spa's Therapist Team of the Year: Jari Menari, Bali , Indonesia
• Most Innovative Spa of the Year: The Spa at The edge, Bali , Indonesia
• Spa Product of the Year: Aromatherapy Associates
• Anti-Ageing Product of the Year: Somme Institute
• Natural Product of the Year: ila
• Men's Product of the Year: Pevonia Botanica, 'Spa Care for Him'
• Spa Cuisine of the Year: The Farm at San Benito , Philippines
• Spa Marketing of the Year: Chuan Spa, Langham Hotels & Resorts